[Denemo-devel] a lilypond question

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] a lilypond question
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 23:19:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Denemo users!

I tried to post this question to the lilypond-user list, but for some strange reason my post is not showing up; it's been about 20 hours now.  I confirmed that i am indeed subscribed to that list, so this is quite puzzling (do they have occasional glitches with their posting? I have seen several posts by others come through since i sent mine) .

I just decided to repost the message here, for two reasons:  1) perhaps someone here knows enough lilypond to reply with the solution and 2) perhaps someone here who is also subscribed to the lilypond list would be willing to re-post the question to that list, in my place?

My original question below, and the two attachments to this message are the exact same two I attached to the message I sent to lilypond:

Subject:  auto-transpose key signature enharmonically

Message body:

This is the only discussion of this i've been able to find so far: http://lilypondblog.org/2013/06/transposition-with-enharmonic-changes-part-1/ It shows how to break up your score into sections and then apply different transpose commands to the section(s) that run into the enharmonic mis-spelling issue.

How do i override/tweak the \transpose function to spell the key signature enharmonically automatically, past a certain number of flats and past a certain number of sharps?

Please see attached PNG for the default result of \transpose and what it should do.

By default, lilypond appears to increase sharps or flats in the key signature, ad infinitum.

There needs to be an \override or \tweak that specifies where the circle of 5ths completes -- which two enharmonically equivalent keys serve as the completion point of the circle. (ges <--> fis is a common completion point, for instance)

-------------- end of original message --------------

Thanks in advance.