Re: [Denemo-devel] accompaniment slashes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] accompaniment slashes
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:19:34 +0000

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 07:39 -0500, Bric wrote:
> > On February 23, 2018 at 5:03 AM Richard Shann wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 2018-02-22 at 19:15 -0500, Bric wrote:
> > > How do you produce accompaniment slashes such as the ones below,
> > > in
> > > Denemo? (image copied from Lilypond's
> > > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/defining-new
> > > [...]
> >
> I'm guessing that in addition to making the stem transparent one
> would also need to reposition the stem. I looked closer at the
> lilypond code for the snippet i quoted initially - it defines a
> context, within the \layout { } section.  Is there a way to insert
> the snippet, using denemo?

Yes, I put

\layout {
        \context {
  \name ImproVoice
  \type "Engraver_group"
  \consists "Note_heads_engraver"
  \consists "Text_engraver"
  \consists "Rhythmic_column_engraver"
  \consists "Pitch_squash_engraver"
  squashedPosition = #0
  \override NoteHead.style = #'slash
  \hide Stem
  \alias Voice
  }
  }
\layout {
        \context {
  \Staff
  \accepts ImproVoice
}
}

into the text box that is offered by this command:

Command: LilyPond Score Prolog
Inserts LilyPond syntax for include files etc at head of score.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score
Internal Name: ScoreProlog

and then surrounded some music with your \new ImproVoice {   }  and it
gave that sort of effect - see attached example.
(I'm not sure that the documentation for the ScoreProlog command is
correct ...)

If you did that often you would want to parcel it up as commands ...