Re: [Denemo-devel] Closing the Windows Window with the top right X

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Closing the Windows Window with the top right X
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:11:23 +0000

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 13:09 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> This produces an "error", with a suggestion of reference to
> Microsoft.

I think what you are describing is the Windows response to a program
crashing - we have had Denemo crashing on exit before, I think that is
the reason it doesn't attempt to shut down the audio as that would
often hang waiting for the MIDI controller to respond.
Anyway, I just downloaded denemo.exe version 2.2.0 from the denemo.org
website and installed it on a Windows Vista machine (the most up to
date thing I have access to!) and it exited without crashing.
What you could do is run denemo-console.exe (which lives next to
denemo.exe in C:\Program Files\Denemo\usr\bin) and the console window
that uses might show up something (otherwise you need to get up a
terminal and run it, preferably under gdb).

However, if Jeremiah succeeds with the new build system for windows
this may all become history...