Re: [Denemo-devel] Piano Centered Lyrics

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Piano Centered Lyrics
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:19:13 +0000

On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 05:35 +0000, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Is there a way to get Denemo to do Piano Centered Lyrics? Lilypond
> can do
> it: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/piano-
> centered-lyrics
You can do that by writing a "custom scoreblock" - e.g. in the View-
>LilyPond View towards the end is the section with the Score Layout
which you can customize (e.g. turn off continuous typesetting, open the
LilyPond View scroll down to the "Score Layout Options" button and
choose "Customize Score Layout" and then re-write what's there using
the names for the music which are defined earlier).

> If there is a way already, can someone give me the rough steps?

However, I don't see why you can't just create a piano staff and use
"Add Lyrics" with the cursor in the upper staff - attached is an
example I just made. I did File->Open->Standard Template and chose
Instruments->Keyboard->Piano and the put in some notes, put the cursor
in the top staff and did Lyrics->Add Lyric Verse and then typed some
lyrics into the lyric pane.

>  I always start by adding a Piano staff and then deleting the default
> staff. I've tried "Add Lyric verse" and "Edit Lyric at cursor" but it
> never shows up in the typeset music for me.
did you have some notes for the lyrics to be placed under???
>  I'm using 2.0.2 as that is what is packaged on my Distro right now.

There may be some special reason for the example shown in the link you
gave, in which case ask again as there are better ways of creating the
custom score layout which don't involve typing in LilyPond syntax.
HTH