Re: Help with Denemo Version 2.6.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Help with Denemo Version 2.6.0
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 09:00:10 +0000

On Sat, 2023-12-02 at 13:09 -0600, Thomas Czerny-Dorsch wrote:
> Hi Richard, thanks for responding so promptly.
>
> After some more testing, I concluded that my midi export problem is
> tied
> to a specific file. However, I can't figure out what might be causing
> this problem.
Does it play inside Denemo?
You are welcome to post the score with this strange behavior -
preferably after deleting whatever can be deleted without the problem
going away (see "delete measures from cursor" etc in Staffs menu).

>  I have a slightly older file of the same song and midi
> export works.
>
> I have another question: I prefer the Linux version, and in
> preferences,
> there is a midi out option 'portmidi' - I am wondering if I can
> connect
> midi port using JACK to a a virtual instrument. Denemo's portmidi is
> not
> showing in JACK connections and I am a little lost here.

I think you may need --enable-jack in the ./configure step to get JACK
support in Denemo.
HTH
Richard
BTW please use "Group Reply" or "Reply to All" so that those searching
the mailing list archives can follow the thread.