[dev-serveez] Guile switch progress

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: [dev-serveez] Guile switch progress
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 23:20:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

Ela was here today and forced me to do some stuff for serveez. he did a
really good job in the meantime so the switch to guile is a matter of a
few steps:

- guile.c
  there are some callbacks to be implemented. straight forward but quite
  a number

- the 'pipe' ports cannot be configured from guile yet, just work

- the application should refuse to start when an error/warning in the
  configuration script occurs. just a food idea and a few lines.

- how do we read back variables from guile? for example the
  'serveez-verbosity' thing? we make it available to guile but how to
  read the value in the end ?

- library and guile have to provide a list of local interfaces to bind to.
  this interface list must be readable and writeable for systems where we
  dont have a way of scanning the local interfaces.

- library and guile have to provide a list of paths to look for libraries
  in. should be about the same as above

this mail ist mainly to inform you about the progress. i hope to manage
some items this weekend, that extra day may help a bit...

Bye,
    Raimi

--