Re: [dev-serveez] current status

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] current status
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> >  * Why is the (current-load-port) undefined in exception and how can
> >    this be fixed ? Since it does not work you will not have any chance
> >    finding the source of the exception in the file.
>
> Well, this won't be ``fixed'', because its broken by
> design. (current-load-port) returns the current load port while a file
> is loaded.  When an error occurs and the corresponding handler is
> invoked, the file loading has been aborted and there is no `current
>   guile --debug -s some-buggy-scheme-file.scm
> and you will see a backtrace.  Internally, enough information is
> available to get at file name and line number information for the
> failing expression.  This is already done in CVS Guile, where this
> information is printed in backtraces.

mmmhh... can we traverse internal data structures to extract this
information ? perhaps it would be nice to provide this information in some
nice way ?

> >  * Figure out the meaning of the 3 last arguments to gh_new_procedure()
> >    and use them as needed. Now they seem to be in arbitrary use.
> No, no! They are important!

ela's comment was misleading. not the 3 last arguments are the problem but
only the very last (the 3rd int argument).

>   SCM gh_new_procedure(const char *proc_name, SCM (*fn)(),
>                      int n_required_args, int n_optional_args, int varp);

> varp is 1 if the procedure accepts an
> arbitrary number of arguments, it is 0 if no additional arguments
> (besides n_required_args+n_optional_args) are allowed.

now, you confuse me... we use
--
  gh_new_procedure ("define-server!", guile_define_server, 1, 0, 2);
  gh_new_procedure ("bind-server!", guile_bind_server, 2, 0, 3);

Seems some lines need to be changed... gonna do that...

Bye,
    Raimi

--