Re: [dev-serveez] Re: Serveez CVS repository

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] Re: Serveez CVS repository
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:18:04 +0100 (CET)

On 9 Dec 2002, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> stefan <address@hidden> said:

> > > Can you give more details? I dont get what means "the history file
> > > must read/write"?
> >
> > IMHO the cvs server adds a line to the 'history' file (if it exists) for
> > each checkout/commit/etc.  In the original CVSROOT of serveez the
> > 'history' file had these permissions: '-rw-r--r--'.  Any other (CVS
> > managed) files do have '-r--r--r--' permissions (are not writable).
> >
> SW> Thus "read/write" just means that the file must have write permissions for
> > the file owner.
>
> Is the following ok?
>
> [~]# stat /cvsroot/serveez/CVSROOT/history
>   File: "/cvsroot/serveez/CVSROOT/history"
>   Size: 1255            Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   Regular File
> Device: 1601h/5633d     Inode: 346857      Links: 1
> Access: (0666/-rw-rw-rw-)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (60194/ serveez)
> Access: Mon Dec  9 05:22:09 2002
> Modify: Sun Dec  8 10:36:55 2002
> Change: Sun Dec  8 10:36:55 2002

Well.  It looks *like* ok.  I suspect the 'history' file must not be CVS
managed (thus no history,v file).  It should be a removed from
CVS/Entries.  You may check whether it works by checking the 'serveez'
module out and then looking at the end of the 'history' file whether this
cvs actions has been logged.

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden