[dev-serveez] Adam's apple compared

From: Margie Leon
Subject: [dev-serveez] Adam's apple compared
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:18:29 +0530

Coyle watched till they were going well, then stood up. They satdown in the thin shade of the roadside and watched the dust slowlysmoking towards them.
But his broad red face which they knew so well was unimpeachable.
Coyle watched till they were going well, then stood up. The fuss they madeirritated him: in his heart he damned himself for a coward.
He knows the kind ofmen hes up against now.
The less you tempt the devil in yourfather the better, Berry said. Then he tried to tell himself that maybe it wasnt true about thescabs.
But Larrys imagination leapt at an eleventh hour hope. He grinned into the fire, shuddered, then wiped his hand roughlyacross his face.
We aint here merrymaking, men, as youcan guess.
There were twenty ofthese, all badly shaken and scared.
Even a bloody counter-jumping Saturday-afternoonmilitiaman couldnt miss me. About three miles away a cloud of dust rose over the scrub.
The beat of his heart thunderedon the quiet night.
They mightnt call it murder either on my slab, Wagner said.
Well talk to them inthe morning, Berry said. Out thedoor and straight for the trees behind the shed and the one whotries any tricks gets a pill.
In Larrys beltwas a revolver which Coyle had given him.
I reckon they aint got orders to shoot over our heads neither. They were tramping about the verandamaking up beds. I was an officer, like my father and mygrandfather before me.
Larry watched his fathers stiff back march up the slope to thehomestead.
Next time you come you betterbring a few shutters with you, he sang out over his shoulder. Then he tried to tell himself that maybe it wasnt true about thescabs.
Now will youbelieve me a bullets the only thing he understands? He pushed the nearest man towardsthe door and the others like sheep herded after.
Robespierre and Marat didnt getrid of tyrants by twiddling their thumbs. And seeing the frightened looks on their faces Larry was frightenedagain, too.
Evolutions the best way to justice, notrevolution.