[dev-serveez] Re: [help-serveez] Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: [dev-serveez] Re: [help-serveez] Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:14:59 +0100

Mike Gran wrote:

Hi Mike!

With some trepidation, I've decided to announce a beta release of a
project I've been working on, which, for now, I'm calling
serveez-mg.  (Release early, release often, right?)

Congratulations :)

And thank you very mich for using serveez as a base for your work. I am very glad that it has some good use for someone :)

The guts of serveez-mg come from the GNU serveez software, which is
a much grander project that attempts to demonstrate how to write
server software in many different platforms and protocols, including
W32.  So, I've stripped GNU serveez just to its Guile and GNU/Linux
parts, and thenupdated them to work with Guile 2.0.

We would very much like to see some of your Guile-Porting work back in "original serveez". (And first we try to move development to git there).

Thien-Thi wants to have a look at your work and selectivly make use of it. I expressed my wish to keep W32 compatiblitly but since I won't be doing any serious development work in the forseeable future, everything is up to Thien-Thi.

So again, thanks and good luck!

        Raimund