[dev-serveez] new homepage

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [dev-serveez] new homepage
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:29:00 +0200

FYI, i just updated the homepage to use (essentially) boilerplate.html
version 1.75, so things are more dynamic now (via server-side includes).

 http://www.gnu.org/software/serveez/
 http://www.gnu.org/software/serveez/serveez.html

These two should ideally show the same page, but at this moment it
appears the .symlinks file is not yet being consulted by the server, so
that the first URL shows a directory listing instead of the expected
"index.html".  I expect things will sort themselves out in due time...

Anyway, no more HTML 2.0!  There is still a bug, though: the <style>
element should not appear in <body>, according to the w3c validator
service.  I think this can be fixed by changing the current:

 (~style 'type "text/css"
         "img.svzlogo {"
         " float: right;"
         " border: double 5px;"
         " margin: 10px;"
         "}")
 (~img 'class "svzlogo"
       'src "logo.jpg"
       'alt "[Serveez logo]"
       'width "308" 'height "187" 'border "0")

to something like:

 (~img 'style "{ float: right; border: double 5px; margin: 10px; }"
       'src "logo.jpg"
       'alt "[Serveez logo]"
       'width "308" 'height "187" 'border "0")

but since i'm no CSS (or XHTML) expert, i wonder if that is correct.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502