devel-awacs

Re: anbody there?

From: greve
Subject: Re: anbody there?
Date: 27 Dec 2000 15:14:32 +0100

Hi Michael!

 || On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:17:41 +0100
 || "Konz, Michael" <address@hidden> wrote:

 km> I've actually downloaded version 0.1.1 and can't compile it.  But
 km> that's the smaller problem. I wonder if anybody is still working
 km> on awacs. The only version I've found was released on 02.01.2000.
 km> So is there anybody working on awacs or is it "dead"?

No, but the current source repository is in a state that it cannot be
released. A lot of things have been reworked/replaced and there is
still double code in it.

I'm working on it, but work is slower than I would have liked for the
reason that I am just now finishing up my diploma thesis in Physics
(interdisciplinary work with Computer Science in the Nanotechnology
area) and that bound some of my resources. That will only last for
another week or so, though.

Afterwards I can fortunately do more work on it. I will have to see
how much time I can put into it as the company that paid me for
developing GNU AWACS unfortunately just dies because of the venture
capital crisis of the last months. Right now they are into the legal
stuff of breaking it down...

Being speaker for the GNU Project, author of the Brave GNU World and
organizator of the Free Software Foundation Europe also does cost some
time and I do need some sort of income... I will try to find a company
that does allow me to work on GNU AWACS, though. It would be perfect
to find a company that pays me for develpment of GNU AWACS again but
I'll probably have to talk to several people until that can be found.

Sorry that I can't supply more satisfying answers/news at the moment,
you can trust me I REALLY wish it was different.

Regards,
                Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                       <address@hidden>