devel-panorama

Re: Past and future

From: Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
Subject: Re: Past and future
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:43:15 +0100

address@hidden (2002-01-28 at 1113.57 +0000):
> Is such input proprietry -- I mean is is an open standard or is
> permission needed to use it?  I don't know Maya...

I agree, doubts, problems, user base... Also, are we talking about the
normal Maya or the gratis Maya that they will distribute soon? I do
not have the money for the first and the second will be limited, from
what I heard.

> The old grammer could still be supported, couldn't it?

Or Renderman? :]

> Having only triangles will mean that people have to do their own
> meshing.  I think this wold make it less useable

I hope not, cos some pretty effects are achieved by the renderer
including its own meshing.

> Have you a URL for the main source of info on it? How does its
> popularity compare with POVRay?

It depends, do you count Maya user that pay or all? Do you count the
people that just have fun with POV or the ones that have done
commercial things with it?

GSR