devel-panorama

burst nonintervention

From: Dicky Clement
Subject: burst nonintervention
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:25:04 +0300

And my income is only seven hundred a year. Somehow, Dorothy never believed that they would succeed in gettingher box from Mrs Creevy. The two of them went up to the front door and Mr Warburton knocked. She had once more begun tremblingviolently. But its hardly the kind of thing I should have thought anyonewould REGRET losing. At that a small, unreasonable but veryexciting hope took root in her heart. Youve a sort of mentalgangrene hanging over from your Christian upbringing. I dont believe in it any longer, if thats what you mean. He went on speaking, not appearingto notice what she had said. And after that, added Mrs Creevy, Ive got a little something asI want to say to you. And do you think thats really the end of it? The little I had passed away quite painlessly at the age of nine. Not a sect I should care to belong to, I must say. The rest of the letter was taken up with grumblings about the waythings were going in the parish. Perhapsthat part of it doesnt matter, really. The mind, he said, will play curious trickswhen it is in a tight corner. But her sins have found her out, all thesame. He could see the difficulty of her ownparticular position, and he adverted to it a moment later. Surely it doesnt make you any happier to go aboutquaking in fear of Hell fire? Youre practically asect in yourselves, he added reflectively: the Anglican Atheists. And after that, added Mrs Creevy, Ive got a little something asI want to say to you. Have some marmalade if you like, Miss Millborough, she said,quite graciously for her. Now, however, he took it off and laid it carefully onthe empty seat beside him. But in truth the reason why Mrs Creevy had sacked her was quitesimple and adequate.