devel-panorama

unruliness generalized

From: Mirabel John
Subject: unruliness generalized
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:08:04 +0200

America at one end is now easily outweighed by any substantial grouping at the other, and most of those powers are on friendly terms with each other. It would seem to me that the branches of physics which are entirely theoretical are for practical purposes basically metaphysics.
America at one end is now easily outweighed by any substantial grouping at the other, and most of those powers are on friendly terms with each other.
Now do it with another pair of points, but make sure they meet somewhere else.
Somehow the fact that he considers envy to be a principal element of human happiness does not place very severe limits on the harmoniousness of individual happiness. His country is overstretched, losing economic momentum, losing world leadership, and losing the philosophical plot. Either way, the fact that the state claims ultimate authority to adjudicate property disputes does not make private property a form of state coercion.
It would seem to me that the branches of physics which are entirely theoretical are for practical purposes basically metaphysics.
Now do it with another pair of points, but make sure they meet somewhere else. Freedom is not an act or a thought, but rather a set of conditions under which action and thought occur. And, of course, make good pictures. In that case, of course, political theory is entirely superfluous, which is why this is all a waste of time.
Therefore, the increasing wealth of the society will not increase happiness because people measure their well-being relative to the group, not by their absolute prosperity. But we shouldn't forget an equally important lesson, articulated most forcefully by Nietzsche: The health of a person and a people also depends vitally on the capacity to forget.
I would have thought that evolutionary biology would have provided an adequate explanation of this, as well as the recurrence of what we call altruism. His country is overstretched, losing economic momentum, losing world leadership, and losing the philosophical plot. Which may be consistent with his general point, but not with his idea of increasing happiness by manipulating income levels.
In it I tried to argue that there are some fundamental problems involved in conceptualizing time which, in my mind, appear intractable, and hence its existence as a concept contradictory, impossible. Thus, things will have to be changed until they produce accurate predictions.
Even a definite negative answer is preferable to none at all.
America is running into the sand. His theory is that above a certain level of material subsistence people are motivated primarily by status-seeking and the desire for a high rank within their social group. Forgetting is necessary to free ourselves from imperfectly understood "lessons of history," so that we can see the challenges ahead clearly, without preconceptions or prejudice.
But in the meantime, we have these debased statistical notions of happiness to amuse us in an idle hour.
Therefore, the increasing wealth of the society will not increase happiness because people measure their well-being relative to the group, not by their absolute prosperity.
In it I tried to argue that there are some fundamental problems involved in conceptualizing time which, in my mind, appear intractable, and hence its existence as a concept contradictory, impossible. In it I tried to argue that there are some fundamental problems involved in conceptualizing time which, in my mind, appear intractable, and hence its existence as a concept contradictory, impossible.
America is running into the sand.
And, of course, make good pictures.
The intuitive picture is that of a smooth surface. Forgetting is necessary to free ourselves from imperfectly understood "lessons of history," so that we can see the challenges ahead clearly, without preconceptions or prejudice. Either way, the fact that the state claims ultimate authority to adjudicate property disputes does not make private property a form of state coercion.