devel-panorama

button starving

From: Matthew Avery
Subject: button starving
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:47:17 +0200

Like many teams practicing continuous integration, our team rebuilds the database as part of the build. Since I didn't want to copy the files to both, and the numbers have changed, I decided to handle this at the OS level via symlinks.
In the end, that's just bad customer service. We look, rather than listen for the answer.
My dad and I had gone to a Steeler game, and I was so keen to get Webster's autograph that I talked my dad into waiting by the player's exit for what seemed like forever. I just won't come back.
I find that I can share design and feature knowledge, or I can create it, but when I am doing a lot of one, I am doing very little of the other. Then yesterday I tried it on my OPML blog. Fortunately Mike also points to a way forward: "what's needed is a knowledge about what motivates every individual within the stakeholder community. Great service, great price. He accomplished this easily by simply adding the following to his httpd. So I tackled the first one this week: Links to url's that point to Alan's old site. Just the right balance of control and reliability that I was looking for.
It's all downhill from there. What allows one to deliver anyway is the ability to align one's effort with the customer's desires, not the other way round.
We ask it by evaluating their actions, and their words.
He accomplished this easily by simply adding the following to his httpd.
You've got to set your sights on something higher than Everest.
not something I believe in.
Since the answer is going to be some form of, "Yes, I am trustworthy" why bother? In the end, that's just bad customer service. I just won't come back.
This is an awful lot of inefficiency, for free. For fun, see how many you can find.
In the end, that's just bad customer service.
But the video, which at first seems to just be a movie clip they stuck in for.
So I tackled the first one this week: Links to url's that point to Alan's old site.
So I tackled the first one this week: Links to url's that point to Alan's old site. His counter was that having it done by the programmer on check-in allows detailed descriptions of what changed.
Apparently, I picked a good season to pay attention.
Great service, great price.