dfey-general-discuss

Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Fwd: Slashdot| Apple's Trend A

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Fwd: Slashdot| Apple's Trend Away From Tinkering]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:29:30 +0000

Tim Dobson wrote:
> thoughts?

OK I am older but I miss BASIC it was fun to write a program that did
something then see it working,  old versions of DOS came with GWbasic,
then Qbasic then I think quick basic,  but it was there and appealed to
a few people.

I think potentail coders are really missing out on not having these
simple tools available to them.  It will be interesting to see if there
has been a knock on effect since MS stopped shipping basic.

Lets hope someone will see the advantage,  but i agree its a good reason
to promote free software such as Linux as that comes with lots of
development tools so people need not miss out.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
DCGLUG MEETINGS - Details on www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6,  - please click
on Group meetings link on right hand side
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details