dfey-general-discuss

[Dfey-general-discuss] XMPP

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: [Dfey-general-discuss] XMPP
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:38:36 +0000

Hi,

Recently we agreed that we were going to switch away from freenode as
our IRC network.

Over the past few weeks there has been a bit of discussion on this list
and in the IRC channel about it, and there appears to be a consensus
towards moving to XMPP and using the conference.jabber.org network with
the regulars on IRC.  Existing operators would be able to recieve mod
permissions on the new main channel.

Does anyone have any comments/objections about switching to this as our
primary chat medium and closing the IRC channel at some point in the
near future?

Robert