dfey-general-discuss

Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [sf-uk-discuss] An 'open source manifes

From: Ben Webb
Subject: Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [sf-uk-discuss] An 'open source manifesto' to counter the ICT cuts
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:36:50 +0100

Finally had a good chance to look through it. Seems good suggestions.
I especially like this line:

"Think carefully about your filtering policy, bearing in mind that
children have a right to "seek, receive and impart information and
ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing
or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of the
child’s choice."

and the suggestions that students are allowed to use their own
machines is interesting.

All in all, some good suggestions, and a good article to point people
towards I think. It will be interesting to see how much of this
various schools do.

Ben