dfey-nw-discuss

Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use Policy ?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:55:02 +0000

2008/11/5 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
> All of the communication methods listed above could be extremely helpful to
> someone trying to learn how to do something - the quickest way to find out
> how to do something could be to ask on IRC...
>
> In a situation where students are meant to be sucking in as much information
> about the subject they are studying, is communication with other like minded
> people such a bad thing?

Okay, to play within the rules, what if the college provided some
forums that allowed you to talk to like minded people within the
college?

I can understand that the college wants to restrict personal
communications/web-surfing, I'm sure it was the same 'in my day'
although I just quietly ignored it (like everyone else).