dino-list

Re: [Dino-list] getting dino working under debian

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Dino-list] getting dino working under debian
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:18:02 +0100

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 13:49 +0100, smiling molecule wrote:
> hello,
>
> i just saw dino at http://linux-sound.org/.
>
> i like the concept and wanted to try it.
>
> but my debian dont want it.
>
> if i try to start it i get rthe following error:
>
> dino: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot open
>
> libjack is installed, so i dont know what the error means.

That is odd, if it built fine from source it must have found
libjack.so.0 somewhere at build time at least. Could you post the output
of the commands

 pkg-config --libs jack

and

 ldd `which dino`

?

Also, do you have a JACK version with MIDI support? For Dino 0.2.* you
need JACK >= 0.102.6 and <= 0.102.20, and for the CVS version of Dino
you need JACK >= 0.102.27.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E