directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Debian/Ubuntu Database import

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Debian/Ubuntu Database import
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 17:03:03 -0700

Hi Andrew,

    Yes. Karl, I couldn't find your script from the link you gave.

The script is named "gm" in the same directory as gnupackages.txt.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnumaint/?root=womb

    How complete is it at this point?

In terms of anything to do with the directory, not complete at all.
I've never implemented anything specifically about checking
gnupackages.txt info against the directory (step 1), let alone
automatically pushing info out to the directory (step 2), though it's
nothing especially difficult.

What I've implemented to date are other things relating to updating the
package lists on GNU web pages, listing packages according to various
criteria, etc., and the parsing and other infrastructure stuff to
support that.  The help msg probably explains better.

$ ./gm --help
Usage: ./gm CMD ARG...

Perform various GNU maintainer/package operations.
(See also the gnumaint script in this directory.)
Here are the possibilities:

check activityfile              verify activity-report.txt
check maintainers               verify consistency: gnupackages/maintainers

generate maintainers bypackage  make /gd/gnuorg/maintainers.bypkg file
                                                (run from address@hidden cron)
generate logos html             make www.gnu.org/graphics/allgnupkgs.html
generate manual html            make www.gnu.org/manual/allgnupkgs.html
generate packages html          make www.gnu.org/software/allgnupkgs.html

list copyrightfsf               FSF-copyrighted packages, with maintainers
list copyrightfsfnot            non-FSF-copyrighted packages, with maintainers

list maintainers nophysical     maintainers without phone/address info

list packages activity          packages sorted by activity-status
list packages gplv3             packages with GPLv3 update pending
list packages unanswered        packages we've had no contact about

The idea is that "check" actions do consistency checking,
"generate" actions write output that's intended to be used directly, and
"list" actions are for information and further consumption.

Correspondence to address@hidden