directory-discuss

[directory-discuss] Help needed with skinning Free Software Directory

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: [directory-discuss] Help needed with skinning Free Software Directory
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:34:02 -0400

Hello,

We are looking for some help with making a small change to the Free
Software Directory skin.

In our recent upgrade to the latest version of MediaWiki, our custom FSF
skin on the site broke. From here-on-out, we have decided that instead
of going with a completely custom skin, we will be going with Vector --
a skin that is well supported and well documented and ships with MediaWiki.

However, we would like to make a small customization to it: We would
like to modify Vector so that the navigation bar and graphics at the top
of the page are the same as they appear on the old skin, which you can
see at <http://directory-dev.fsf.org>.

Would anyone familiar with skinning MediaWiki (on versions > 1.20) be
able to help us make this change? Please note, it would be nice if we
did not have to use *all* of the CSS from the old site just to make the
header work on the new site -- I'd like to have this change be clean and
simple if possible :-)

Please feel free to submit a patch or email the list with any more
questions you may have.

Notes and documentation can go here:
<http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Features/Skin>.

Cheers,