directory-discuss

[directory-discuss] Announcing releases and uploading to the directory

From: אנטולי קרסנר
Subject: [directory-discuss] Announcing releases and uploading to the directory
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:30:52 +0300

Hello,

I've been writing code for a long while and it's time to announce the first
release, and hopefully list the software in the free software directory.

I have two questions:

1. I use a server with an OpenNIC domain (as part of promoting decentraliation
and removing authority and monopoly over DNS and domain names). As a result,
search engines mostly ignore my server and it's not easy to find, although I
leave traces in some places. I'm looking for places to announce free software.
Do you have any ideas?

2. Can I just make an account and put my own software in the directory? Does it
requires stability, or it's enough to have an existing release? When I publish
on the directory, how should I deal with OpenNIC? Currently my approach is an
OpenNIC link + I2P and Tor links + link to OpenNIC website. Sometimes also IP
of my server, but for long-term the IP won't help because it will change.

Thanks!

-- a.k.