directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] Searx

From: Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Searx
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:16:28 +1100

Quiliro Ordóñez Baca wrote:
> El 25/02/15 a las 15:53, David Englund escribió:
> > I started https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Searx
> >
> > AFAIK this is the only stable meta search engine based on 100% free
> > software designed for anonymous web search. It is used by numerous of
> > domains listed at https://github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
>
> Is this search engine SaaSS
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

Yeah, this server does my computing (combining results from a few search
engines) on data provided by me (a list of search engines). Running Searx on
your own server address this issue. For this reason this entry I think may
still remain in the FSF directory.

Whether the searx.me search plugin should remain in the Directory, I don't know.

--
Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation