directory-discuss

[directory-discuss] Possibly need a meeting leader for 11/11

From: Donald Robertson
Subject: [directory-discuss] Possibly need a meeting leader for 11/11
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 17:08:20 -0400

Hello,

Next Friday I will be at the Seagl conference in Seattle
<http://seagl.org/>. You should definitely come check it out, it's free
as in beer as well as freedom, and is one of my favorite conferences.
I'll also be speaking at it on Saturday.

But the thing is that I would be at the conference during our regular
meeting time, so we would potentially need someone else to lead the
meeting. I say potentially because I'm talking with the con organizers
about setting up a last minute hackfest at the event. If that pans out
I'll be running the meeting as normal and hopefully with some new fresh
faces from the conference. But if not, we need someone there to help
keep the meeting going.

Running the meeting is very easy, it mostly requires being there for the
duration of the meeting, answering questions, and directing people to
the participation guide. If you were planning on attending the whole
meeting anyways, it should be simple to take the lead and make sure
people know what's going on.

If you're interested in leading the meeting, just let us know. And
hopefully none of this is needed and we'll be having a live hackfest at
Seagl next week.

The meetings have been going great as of late, so let's keep up the good
work!
--
Donald R. Robertson, III, J.D.
Copyright & Licensing Associate