directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] Unable to list all software packages published i

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Unable to list all software packages published in the Free Software Directory
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 10:04:35 -0800

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 07:24 AM, Jonas Gamalielsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a Swedish researcher focusing on open source and open standards.
> The FSF directory of open source projects is a very interesting source
> of information that we would like to use in our research.
>
> When trying to list all the open source projects on
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/All, we can not get past entry 5500 (the
> last project that we can access is "Gnome-mag"). It would be expected
> that all (15899) projects can be listed? Does anybody know if there is
> some problem with the database or API used? I would really appreciate to
> get access to the complete list of all projects in the directory for
> research purposes.

The semantic mediawiki plugin that fsd is using has some bugs in
it. There are a bunch of ways you can work around this if you learn the
ins and outs of mediawiki. You may be able to just reform the query to
start at a different place,
https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Inline_queries

Another quick mostly correct list can be gotten from here:
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Special:AllPages It will have a few
unapproved pages, and pages like All, which don't count.