discuss-gnu-electric

New release of Electric (6.03)

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: New release of Electric (6.03)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:18:10 -0700

I am pleased to announce the next release of the Electric VLSI Design System.

Version 6.03 has these major improvements:

> An interface to the IRSIM simulator.

> The schematic technology now has 4-port transistors.

> There is now a real MOSIS CMOS pads library.

> Improved MOSIS CMOS design rules, which conform more tightly to the variations of the MOSIS processes, including SCMOS/submicron/deep rules, stacked vias, and alternate contact rules.

> An interface to the PADS schematic capture system.

> And many smaller improvements, too numerous to mention here.

Users of previous versions of Electric should be warned that the older MOSIS CMOS Submicron ("mocmossub") technology did not conform to the MOSIS specifications as well as the new technology ("mocmos") does. This means that your designs will change with the new version. However, the older technology is still there if you need to keep your designs as they are.

This release should be on the GNU servers in a few days, and is on the Static Free Software site right now. See http://www.staticfreesoft.com/productsfree.html for details.

    -Steven Rubin