discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Pad generation

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Pad generation
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:37:16 -0700

I need help to clarify the following matters;

1. I got no where to find out what is the difference
between dVdd and Vdd pads.

"dVdd" is "dirty power" and "Vdd" is pure power.

2. I found that the pads are not connected to each
other after we run pad generation. How could we
connect them automatically.

Use the auto-stitcher (a routing tool) or use the mimic-stitcher.

3. The size of port wire generated for Vdd pad is 4u.
Can we simply change it to bigger size for instance
30u to match the port of my design.

Pads are tricky stuff. If you know what you're doing, change anything you like. However, I cannot give you any guarantees, even with the pads as they are.

   -Steven Rubin