discuss-gnu-electric

Re: help:problem with installation

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: help:problem with installation
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:03:39 -0800

I am trying to install ELECTRIC on my pc running WINDOWS 2000 and compiled it with VC++ 6.0 . I get the following 3 errors . I am a dummie when it comes to windows and C. I dont know if iam missing any libraries . Plz tell me what the error is and if possible a fix to iit.

with regards
aditya

Linking...
graphpcmsgview.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual int __thiscall CView::OnCmdMsg(unsigned int,int,void *,struct AFX_CMDHANDLERINFO *)" (address@hidden@@MAEHIHPAXPAUAFX_CMDHANDLERINFO@@@Z)

graphpcview.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual int __thiscall CView::OnCmdMsg(unsigned int,int,void *,struct AFX_CMDHANDLERINFO *)" (address@hidden@@MAEHIHPAXPAUAFX_CMDHANDLERINFO@@@Z)

debug/Electric.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Did you see any other unusual messages before that?
It could be a problem with your compiler's libraries.
See if there are newer service packs for your VC++ 6.0. Here is the most recent:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e9411283-c8ad-4283-8d74-3d6efd917644

   -Steven Rubin