discuss-gnu-electric

Help Required

From: S. Chakraborty
Subject: Help Required
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I have been trying to use electric to

 1. Import a GDS-II layout.
 2. Add some analog circuit (schematic) to it.
 3. View the combine circuit{sch} + Layout{lay}
 4. Draw arcs to define connectivity between the schematic and the layout.
 5. Output the SPICE netlist for the schematic part
 6. Output the geometrical position of the Individual(Interfacing) pins
that is where it connects on the layout (Geometrical information about where it
connects to the layout)
 7. Output the topological position of the Individual(Interfacing) pins
that is where it connects on the circuit (Topological information), i.e.
to which circuit nodes does the pin connects to.

 I have been able to do till 4 in some-form, but Step 5 is crashing, when
I am trying to get the SPICE net-list for a combine Layout+Schemetaic
view.

 But the in-built readable_dump example , in /example/Samples can give the
SPICE output even if it is a combined form.

So I fear I am missing the link between linking my layout to some
equivalent schematic view? How to do that in general?

Also how do I get the topological and geometrical information about the
pins that connects the schematic with the layout.

Thanks
Swagato

Swagato Chakraborty
     1415 52nd Street NE. APT # 402