discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Colors

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Colors
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:58:59 -0700

At 01:44 PM 6/9/2005, you wrote:
Hi,
I have ported Electric 7.0 to Coherent 4.2.10. I am using XFree 4.4 and
GeForce 2 (64MB) AGP. Works fine but one problem is rather annoying :
the colors. Everything has horrible green-yellow background. How can I
change the colors (colormaps ?) for electric ? I would like to have
white background for example.

The first answer is: get Electric version 8 (the Java translation). It runs properly. The next release of this (8.02) will be due out in a few weeks and will include a complete translation of the original C code. No longer will there be any excuse to use version 7.00.

In the meantime, check your color settings. Try both full color (which your card can clearly support) as well as color mapped.

   -Steven Rubin