discuss-gnu-gvb

overreact juxtapose

From: Elinor Crum
Subject: overreact juxtapose
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:52:35 +0800

Iexplained his error to him yesterday, and now hes on our side. Im very glad you were so clever as to find my address. Didnt I tell you that Mirche was a craftycustomer? There is a door here, at the end of this narrow passage, whereyou say you walked down. She caughtsight of Heath, and a frightened look came into her large eyes as sherecognized him. Id say he got a few sniffs ofcyanide gas and passed out. He just walked off with the case, retorted Heath with mammothsarcasm. Buteverything will be cleared up in a day or two. Doremus called him a little while ago full ofnews and mystery. Oh, but it is the room I was in, she asserted conclusively. Well, perhaps after all, Miss Allen, a few days rest. As she noticed the grim presence of the two other men, she broke offabruptly. Really, Markham, he began, Sergeant Heath is far too logical. She looked about her and shook herself slightly. We appreciate your trouble and your courtesy, doctor, Vance said. Mywhiff of the lungs indicated a probable inhalation of something, as Ivealready said. I tried most firmly to send heraway, sir; but I couldnt seem to make her understand. How, for instance, did the chap get intoMirches office again after Hennessey saw him at six oclock? These would be difficult to trace, wouldnt they? And the grouchyold man who met me at the door didnt expect to see me either. But what about poisons isolated fromflowers? I called up Doc Doremus just before I left thestation. Youre quite sure the fellow couldnt have died a natural death? Vance stepped to her and put both his hands on her shoulders. I think, all inall, Heath has done a fairly intelligent piece of work. Gracie Allen was sitting in Vances large lounge chair, engulfed in theenormous tufted upholstery. People have beenknown to do that very thing. Vance drew the plans from their holder and spread them on the desk. Its all right with me, Chief, said Heath. I knew how to find my way back, all right. Really, y know, Im certain he has nothing to do with it. Butit didnt act exactly like anything Im familiar with. Its all right with me, Chief, said Heath. Thats where the footprints would come in handy, isnt it? But he would besimply wonderful at smelling. Then we got in a little argument; andI guess he just forgot. As she noticed the grim presence of the two other men, she broke offabruptly. Heath had become highly interested in the girls inventory.