Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM SCA

From: Matthew Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM SCA
Date: 23 Feb 2002 21:12:12 -0800

> Actually SCA can be at either 67 or 92KHz.  Mono stations will
> normally do an SCA at 56Khz.  Typically you will see it at 67Kc but
> at one time there were some stations in the Bay Area doing 92Kc.
> For instance KOIT (96.5Mc) had both SCAs running in the past.  They
> were doing FSK data on those "channels".

I didn't think anyone would use 92khz unless they were also using 67.

> Then there is RDS.  It was pushed pretty heavy by the CES and others
> about '94/95.   There may be stations still doing it.  KALW (91.7Mc)
> was one of the last hold outs.  Although they may have pulled it
> out of their air chain by now.  RDS normally hangs out at 76Kc.

I was in a rental car (2002 Buick) a few months ago and it had an RDS
capable radio.  Since I wasn't driving, I messed around with it.  There
are about 3 or 4 stations between SFO and SJC which use RDS.  I hope it
catches on.  Supposedly everyone in Europe is using it.

Matt