Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking datasheets on some particular hardware

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking datasheets on some particular hardware
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:29:28 -0800

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:01:47PM -0800, Nick Kartsioukas wrote:
> I picked up a tuner board at a surplus store in the San Francisco Bay Area
> (http://www.halted.com), trying to find info on it...the board is stamped
> "RF CCT JRC 6PCSE00009A" (JRC is in a little box in a seperate font, so I
> think
> that's Japan Radio company, www.jrc.co.jp).  It has two chips on it, an
> "NEC *PCI477C 532BV" (* greek letter mu) (the I may also be a 1, not sure) and
> a "TD6350P" with another large "T" as a company logo.  The "T" chip has some
> small script atop the part number, "5H E11".  I've googled some and found
> nothing except someone else seeking datasheets for the same.  Also found no
> datasheets from Toshiba semiconductor division (assuming the T is Toshiba) and
> the same with NEC Electronics.  Hoping that maybe someone else can be of
> assistance, if this turns out to be a nifty useful board, there's a pretty big
> box of them and they only want $6 each.  (Oh, also, the board has two antenna
> inputs, with an RF switching relay, Matsushita RF1-DC24V)
>
> --
> Nick Kartsioukas      |  KF6UZB
> address@hidden        |  NK2694

Good luck.

The info is hard to find.  Also, the problem is aggravated because
many times a particular tuner is only built for a while and is then
discontinued (and ends up at Halted ;-).

You may want to consider a tuner module still in production.  You'll
still need to find docs, but at least you'll have a better chance.

Eric