[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Direct Conversion vs Superheterodyne

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Direct Conversion vs Superheterodyne
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:25:46 +0000

Hello

See Fig 10, 12, 14 in "SDR for the masses part 1" at
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/sdr.html - some of the rest of the article
even explains the harmonic/alias frequency rejection better than I can.

 I was intrigued by this circuit when I first saw it but it appears
very difficult to get hold of the PI5V331 demultiplex IC that is at the
heart of it. It isn't sold by any of the usual UK components suppliers
when I asked Pericom about Euro distributors I was told not to worry
they would send me a sample instead but that has never arrived :( It
would be nice to have another version of this circuit using more commonly
available parts.

Regards

Ian