Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio Profiling

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio Profiling
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:48:19 -0700

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 07:54:18PM +0200, Thibaut Weise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as already stated I am currently profiling gnuradio with gprof.
> What I just wanted to know whether in any of the examples (examples and atsc
> directory) the performance is
> dependent on the input data? E.g. for atsc you can create some fake data,
> but would it not just be possible
> to send any data? I would assume that performance is just dependent on the
> size of the data.
>
> Cheers,
> Thibaut Weise

With the ATSC stuff, there's a little variation depending on input
data, but not much.

Take a look at gnuradio/src/gnu/atsc/test_full_loopback.  It generates
fake data and runs it through the transmitter and then the output of
that into the receiver.  I suggest concentrating on
the atsc_rx code running with the -s 20 -L flags.  They enable
20MS/sec input processing and the LMS equalizer.  Those are the usual
options.

Eric