[Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 Tuners

From: Alan Gray
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 Tuners
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:13:24 +1000

There were a few people who expressed interest in getting their hands on the Microtune 4702 tuner modules that I have a supply of. I've received conformation from my supplier (Panasonic Australia) that they don't mind if I give some of them away to others working on the project.

For those in Australia, the shipping costs (getting the tuners to me, then from me to you) will come to about $10. For that you'll get three of the tuners (that's how many I can squeeze into the post bag). I'm not entirely sure what the best way to go about this is, but seeing as it is such a small amount, I'd be tempted to say that sending a $10 note in the mail would probably be the best bet.

If there are still people out there who are interested, please let me know if you have any better ideas as to how to manage this. If there is no objection to this method of payment, the best address to reach me at is probably the following:

Dr Philip Ciufo
School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering
University of Wollongong,
Northfields Ave, Wollongong, N.S.W. 2522 Australia

It's my supervisor's address - the University mail system is notoriously slow, and it'd take them weeks to get anything to me. He however gets mail very frequently, so they know where to find him. If you could email me in advance too, that'd probably be a good idea.

For those in the US, I'm currently working on getting another box of 144 of the tuners to send over in a bulk package. I would be willing to work something out with anyone from other countries (and if anyone can't wait until I organise a bulk shipment) but I can't really make any guarantees as to the cost.

I'm still waiting on some components before I can test my design for using these modules, so I can't guarantee anything about their functionality at this point. As soon as I get something working I'll post schematics and the like.

Oh, the data sheet for these tuners can be found at http://www.mrgray.net/sdr/4702DT5.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions
Alan