[Discuss-gnuradio] Python problem resolved

From: Rob Judd
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python problem resolved
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:18:29 +1000

Matt,

OK, I take it all back. With the help of Martin on the Python help desk,
we have a resolution to the apparent Windows Python problem.

When running hf.py it was reporting that rig.py and hfgui.py were
missing, leading me to believe that the import wasn't functioning. As it
happens the import does work, but because it was between "try ...
except" statements, errors in those files were being obscured.

The failure was that modules loaded by those two were missing. I suggest
this error be changed:

    print "Could not import rig.py or hfgui.py.  Make sure they are in
this directory"

    print "Error in rig.py or hfgui.py, dependencies missing."

Python rulez!

Rob