[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib and libtool-1.5

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib and libtool-1.5
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:10:18 +0200

Hi Berndt!

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 12:05:45PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>  ---------------------- 8< -----------------------
> checking for strip... strip
> ./ltconfig: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
> configure: error: libtool configure failed
> configure: error: /usr/pkg/bin/bash './configure' failed for libltdl
>  ---------------------- 8< -----------------------
>
> on inspection, it appears that ltconfig doesn't exist.

That's right, and it should not be needed.

> Is ltconfig created dynamically is it part of the distribution? It didn't get
> installed with libtool-1.5. Perhaps an issue with the operating system that
> I'm using here (NetBSD).

The libtool package should not be needed either in your case, as long as
the macros/ltdl.m4 file and libltdl/ subdirectory are up to date (and they
should be from cvs rep).

Hamlib should be portable to NetBSD, we'll fix it otherwise :)

> I'm not very familiar with libtool, perhaps someone on this list can
> enligthen
> me on this.

What you really need is an autoconf > 2.54 and automake > 1.7 (later is
better). Check them with --version. And then rerun autogen.sh:

        aclocal -I macros
        autoheader
        automake -a
        autoconf

Be careful, some distro can have 2 versions of automake/autoconf
installed, and you have to differentiate them with their name (eg.
automake-1.7).

Let us know if this solved your problem.

73
Stephane