Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Release 0.9

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Release 0.9
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:25:49 +0000

Hello Eric & Group

I'm pleased to announce the 0.9 release of GNU Radio.

 Thanks for that it works fine with Fedora core 1 which has all the latest
updates.

 Just one quick note which may save other people time though. I installed
and built the latest version of FFTW but when I came to make gnuradio I
got the following error ..

checking for fftw3f >= 3.0.0... Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fftw3f.pc'
No package 'fftw3f' found

I then wasted an hour playing with my environment variables without any
luck. However I then did what I should have done in the first place and
looked at the list archive. When I built FFTW I should have entered ..

./configure --enable-float

then make etc etc. When I did that I was able to build gnuradio without
problems. My fault entirely of course but I thought telling this story
may save someone else some time.

Regards

Ian