Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF Circuit design for front ends.

From: Brian Whitaker
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF Circuit design for front ends.
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:09:09 -0800

I'd like to add a few to this list:

Communications Receivers, by Rohde and Bucher
  great book on the fundamentals of receivers

Microwave Transistor Amplifiers, Analysis and Design, by Gonzalez
  want RF basics? this is it -- start at "this is a smith chart" and go from
there... discusses matching, stability, noise, etc. I lived out of this book
for two quarters in college, and use it often for reference.

there's also an RF handbook by Razavi that is on my list, although I don't
have the name handy.

The Wireless applications group here at Maxim has been busy writing lots of
application notes for our own products. Most of them are pretty
application-specific, but it would be worth an hour to comb through what we
have.  http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes10.cfm/ac_pk/38/ln/en

I got started on an idea to use on of our satellite receivers (max2116 or
similar) as a tuner for a general-purpose SDR. I had to drop it for lack of
time.

Brian.

Brian Whitaker, RF Strategic Applications Engineer
Maxim Integrated Products, Sunnyvale CA
address@hidden
v: +01.408.530.6098,  f: +01.408.331.1239