Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Direct ADC for Quadrature Demodulator

From: Radio Dev
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Direct ADC for Quadrature Demodulator
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:57:40 +0900

Thanks a lot for Eric's comment -- "Should work fine."

I am hoping to use Joshua Lackey's Linux driver for the Datel ADC.

Now I am working on a Windows2000 with Datel's APIs for Win32.
Datel ADC can work on DMA mode and FIFO mode.
DMA -- stream continuously  (MAX 30MHz sampling rate, must use FIFO memory
when samples > 32M)
FIFO --  not continuously (MAX 40MHz sampling rate, few samples one time
depending on FIFO memory size).

Using DMA mode, the sampling rate will be 30MHz,  and seems enough fast
(>2x10.7MH).
The problem is band width.
When IF signal has a band width < 4MHz,  the sampling rate will be enough,
i.e. 30MHz > 2x(10.7+4)MHz. Dangerous but it works.
When IF signal has a band width > 5MHz,  the sampling rate will not be
enough, i.e. 30MHz < 2x(10.7+5)MHz. Can not work.

Did I have a proper right understanding?

Radio Dev