[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dimensions & Co-ax Daughter Board

From: Iain Young - G7III
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dimensions & Co-ax Daughter Board
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:07:59 +0100

Hi All,

Just found out about the USRP, and was reading the Wiki about it, but
I couldn't find anything about the dimensions of the actual board.

Looking at the RF Sections page, I'm guessing the board must be about 115
by 130mm. Can someone confirm this ? If so, that makes it very close
to a mini-itx form factor motherboard (And gives me an idea about
mounting...)

Also, I noted one of the RF daughter boards will have dual raw co-ax
connectors. Does that mean (for example) that I could connect two sets
of downconverters, one to each connector (eg S-Band -> 144MHz -> USRP,
and K-Band -> S-Band -> 144MHz -> USRP) ?

If that is the case, can I process signals from both at the same
time ? Or do I have to select in software which connector I want to
use ? Or will the two inputs get mixed, and then I do the processing
on the combined feed ?

All the Best

Iain