[Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware recommendations

From: M Taylor
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware recommendations
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:29:49 +0100

I am looking for recommendations and perhaps a "feel" for the how
near a future the availability of the USRP.

I have been learning about GNU Radio, but want to get my hands
dirty with actual playing and was trying to decide what is the
best approach regarding hardware. I am also a licensed radio
amateur, so hardware like Flex-Radio (full Tx/Rx or Rx-only) and
DSP-10 are possible 'narrow' bandwidth RF frontends, but I would
like a flexible yet affordable RF Frontend and ADC, like the USRP
if it is nearly ready. I'd rather not drop the money for the
Measurement Computing if I could buy a USRP kit/board in the near
future instead.

Otherwise modest cost RF & ADC hardware would be of interest
to me.

Thanks

--
M Taylor