Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_fft usage

From: cswiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_fft usage
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Matt Ettus wrote:

> > Anyway, what's the status of gr_fft.cc in the 2.1 tarball? Seems there
> > was a comment about some gui work needing done? I can feed raw data
> > to fftw and plot results with gnuplot but wonder if there's a sexier
> > realtime display nearby.. ;))
>
> Eric was planning on using this for his USRP demos at Burning Man this week,
> so
> check if its in CVS yet.  If not, expect it to be there within a week, when he
> gets back.

Thanks Matt - it's in the tarball
( ./gnuradio-core-2.1/src/lib/general/gr_fft.cc )
I just don't know how to use it.

$python
>>>from gnuradio import gr
>>>dir (gr.fft)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fft'

during compile ./configure finds fftw3f ok
gr_fft.o compiles ok    but I'm lost with how to access or
use it in Python.

--Chuck