[Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display

From: David Carr
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:34:06 -0600

Hi all,

I've been doing a bit of python hacking in an attempt to get some sort of "waterfall" / spectrogram type display working. Currently I have a very crude bit of python that works -- sorta. The biggest issue is that its slow and its only going to get slower.

I'm curious about the best way to implement the "persistence:" part of the display. It seems wasteful to have to store all previous data on (now on screen) in order to be able to redraw everything. Is there a less memory and time expensive way to handle the scrolling type behavior? I'm fishing for helpful tidbits/good architectural ideas... if you have any ideas about how this should work send them my way.

-David Carr