Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSTKFLT

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSTKFLT
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:22:06 +0100

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 04:50:17PM +0000, Prateek Dayal wrote:
> I am a novice yet but I was reading about the real time requirements
> on software radios ... Has anyone tried it on something like QNX RTP
> (Real Time Platform) ??

I would rather go with the LXRT smart feature of RTAI [http://rtai.org],
which provides hard-real time in user-land with POSIX API (or whatever else
with appropriate "fusion" skin). Hard-realtime programs are also allowed
to make syscalls to (non hard-realtime) Linux kernel, in which case LXRT
switch to softrealtime until completion of syscall, and back to hard-realtime
upon return. Quite nice.
With a SWIG magic touch over LXRT, even GNU Radio python scripts should
be able to come into play.
Oh, and it's GPL and free (as in beer!).

Regards,

Stephane