[Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Generator GUI

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Generator GUI
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:02:18 -0800

Gentlemen:

 I've got me USB2.0 card and I can generate 900khz sine (or perhaps cosine)
waves with the usrp using usrp_siggen.py, so far so good.

 The next step is I'm trying to build a point and click gui to control the
usrp as a modest signal generator. So, I have put together the attached
python script, which does run.

 At this point, the program starts up and the sliders and buttons are active,
although they dont do what I need them to do yet.

 When the window is closed by clicking on the X in the upper right corner,
then sg.start starts the 900khz sine wave and the next Enter, stops the usrp,
so I know that sg.start() and sg.stop() do connect all the way to the usrp.

 The problem I am having is that when I call sg.start() by clicking the
"Start" button, python tells me that:

 'module' object has no attibute 'sg'

The issue seems to be that 'sg' is not known inside the appropriate routine.
So, I think I am very close, but my naivety with python is getting in the way
a little bit.

 I wonder if someone else would look at this and see where I am going awry.
I'll be here spending the day working through this problem and reading the
new python book just received from Amazon.com while the Southern California
skies are a bit rainy.

Charles Krinke