[Discuss-gnuradio] wfm_rcv.py works, but with half-second delay in audio

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] wfm_rcv.py works, but with half-second delay in audio!
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:40:33 -0800

I finally got a SMA cable to hook the USRP to my old 4937 tuner.
wfm_rcv.py worked like a charm on the first try, tuning a strong local
FM radio station.  I cabled the computer's audio output into my main
amplifier, which also has a traditional FM tuner.  When I switched
between the tuner and the computer audio output, I noticed that the
computer output was about half a second delayed from the FM radio
signal available thru an ordinary tuner.

Any explanations?

        John

PS:  I'm using the tarball release from the Debian packages, not the CVS.